The Arcane Centrifuge is one of the key tools for any advanced thumaturge, used to separate essentia aspects into their components. This provides supplies of many aspects which are rarely or never found directly in items.
Essentia is fed into the centrifuge from a jar or pipe beneath it. The components exit from the top. One should place a buffer at the top to get essentia out, which can then be transported onwards by pipes or alchemy golems. The centrifuge requires no fuel, but will occasionally consume a point of essentia from its input. It stops whenever the output buffer is full or the input is empty, and automatically restarts when the issue is corrected. Unwanted components can be sent to a void jar.
Several aspects are commonly obtained by "spinning down" other aspects. Some notable examples include:
- Ordo, from Instrumentum (which with its compounds is found in armor and weapon drops), Motus (mostly from Bestia or Volatus), or Potentia (from coal/charcoal or Praecantatio).
- Perditio, and Ignis, each found in several common compounds.
- Humanus, from Instrumentum, Pannus, or Messis.
- Spiritus, from Sensus or Cognitio.
- Victus, from a variety of compounds found in food and mob drops.
It is sometimes useful to "double-spin" an aspect, feeding both components straight from the buffer into another centrifuge (be careful with golems, as they can be confused by three or four aspects in the second buffer). The most useful cases for this include:
- Humanus, which double-spins into both Motus and Spiritus (the other two "golem aspects"), as well as Victus, Terra (usually voided).
- Corpus double-spins into one-half Victus, and a quarter each Perditio and Motus.
- Machina double-spins into 50% Ordo, plus Aer (usually voided) and Humanus.
Having built a centrifuge, the thrifty thaumaturge will keep it busy, with an eye out for surplus essentia that can be spun down into something more useful. With the unwanted components voided, this cuts down on storage needs, freeing up jars for more useful aspects.
List of Primal Aspect Parts Edit
The below table shows what a single point of any aspect will yield in terms of primal aspects, if "spun down" all the way to primal aspects by means of a Primalizer (a player-created apparatus that loops any essentia that is not primal and centrifuges it until only primals are left).